I'm over halfway there...woo-hoo! This pregnancy is seriously just flying by. In some ways I want it to slow down (there's SO much I need to get done before November!), but then again we are all so anxious to meet this little one! It's been a great pregnancy so far and I'm so thankful for the health God has given me.
Now I'll bore you with some more random pregnancy facts!
- We are having a girl!! (Go here to see how we told the kiddos!)
- Her initials are L.H.C. =)
- I am finally gaining some weight! At my 18 week appointment my midwife was concerned because I had only gained 3.5lb. (She asked me if I was eating and it made me laugh because I definitely eat. And I eat ALOT.) No worries though because according to the scale this morning, my total gain is now between 7 -8lb.
- I have a ritual...a bowl of cheerios every morning before breakfast and one before I go to bed. Told you I like to eat. =)
- This pregnancy is causing me a lot of pain in the backside. Literally. Because of my history of pre-term labor with Lydia and Caleb's pre-term birth, my doctors and midwives all thought it would be best if I took progesterone shots (17P). While nobody knows exactly what triggers pre-term labor, it has been proven that in order for labor to begin, a woman's progesterone level has to drop significantly . So in an effort to lengthen a pregnancy, the horomone progesterone is given weekly by injection to keep the progesterone level up. That's right...weekly. At 16 weeks I began these shots and they will continue until 36 weeks. Every Thursday morning I go in and have an injection in my hip. The injection itself is a little painful but I'm getting used to it. I think the side effects are the worst part...the burning and soreness in my hip, nasuea, fatigue and headaches. Thankfully, this only lasts for about 48 hours and then I feel normal again. God's grace is always sufficient...something I've learned more and more through each pregnancy.
- I love Gatorade!
- Have an appointment in a 2.5 weeks to see my perinatologist for a detailed echo on baby's heart.
- Very happy about finally fitting into some of the cute maternity clothes I have found at yardsales, Goodwill and Once Upon A Child (consignment store).
- This little gal is quite active! Especially around 4:00am!
- Right at this very moment I am craving a cinnamon crunch bagel with hazlenut cream cheese from Panera Bread. Haven't had one in like 2 years. I think I need one. (Are you reading this Honey???) =)
Thank you as always for your continued prayers! We are praying and trusting the Lord for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy little girl born around Thanksgiving!