Oh. my. word. This bread is beyond amazing. It elicited moans and groans from every person in this household. I am now forever beholden to the person who had the link to this recipe on their blog. Seriously. You must make this!
Coconut Banana Bread with Walnuts and Lime Glaze
adapted from Our Best Bites
Yields: 1 loaf
2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C sugar
1/4 C (4 Tbs) real butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 C mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
1/4 C sour cream
3 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C coconut
1/2 C walnuts
Topping: 2tbsp. coconut or walnuts ( I used walnuts)
Glaze: 1/2 C powdered sugar whisked with 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice (*I added more powdered sugar to make my glaze slightly thicker.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs and beat to combine. Add banana, sour cream, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
4. Add flour mixture and beat at a low speed until just combined. Stir in coconut and walnuts.
5. Pour batter into a 9×5″ loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle additional coconut or walnuts (or both!) on top.
6. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until a knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean. *Note: Check bread after about 40 minutes. If the top has browned and the coconut pieces are looking toasty, cover top of bread lightly with a piece of foil. Continue baking until done.
7. When done, remove pan from oven. Let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan.
8. Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together for the glaze and then drizzle over top. Cool for another 15 minutes before slicing.
Linking up to Life in Grace